Celebrate The Great British Countryside At The Royal Three Counties Show 2017
The Three Counties Showground will welcome over 90,000 visitors through its gates later this week as the Royal Three Counties Show opens on Friday 16th June for the three day spectacle. This landmark event for the Three Counties Agricultural Society marks 220 years since its founding in Hereford in 1797.
Head of Shows for the Three Counties, Diana Walton said: “We are looking forward to opening the gates on what we think is a spectacular show this year. We’ve got something for everyone from the heart-stopping antics of the Bolddog Lings FMX Team and the Red Devil’s aerial acrobatics to Britain’s best loved farmer, Adam Henson, Sporting Heroes and Champion Livestock in the famous Grand Parade. The weather forecast is fantastic so we’re readying the sun cream and can’t wait to welcome visitors to come celebrate the great British countryside.”
The Royal Three Counties Show is the UK’s largest livestock and equine event. 2017 welcomes a new Head of Show, Diana Walton and some new attractions.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2017
- Royal Three Counties Ambassador and Britain’s favourite farmer, Adam Henson returns for 2017 for all three days of the show.
- Brand new Wellington Boot Theatre, hosted by BBC Hereford and Worcester presenter, Andrew Easton, showcases stars from the world of sport and outdoor pursuits including England Rugby Stars, Geoff Parling, Phil Dowson and Ben Morgan as well as Alpine skier Rob Poth and World Cycle Champion, Tracy Moseley.
- Brand new Ask the Farmer Theatre is an area where visitors can ask the farmers anything that they’ve always wanted to know. The focus here is on Gloucestershire breeds such as Cotswold Lion Sheep, Gloucester Cattle, Gloucestershire Old Spots pigs, Gloucester Goose and Jubilee Game Hens.
- The family friendly Gloucestershire Hotspot Trail invites young explorers to search for letters hidden across the showground to solve an anagram and receive a prize from Western Power Distribution.
- Whet your appetite with the Royal Three Counties Show Pint and Ploughmans. With a brew specially created by Gloucestershire based Hillside Brewery, showgoers are invited to enjoy a slap up Ploughmans alongside a bottle of Thirst in Class, the official Three Counties Show beer.
- Over 200 Rainbows, Brownies and Girl Guides from across the Three Counties will attempt to earn a unique Challenge Badge at this year’s event. The show has introduced this exclusive Girl Guiding Badge after the unprecedented success of the Occasion Badge last year for the Scouting Community which is available again and over 700 Cubs, Beavers and Scouts will be attending the show.
- This year’s Royal Three Counties Show will welcome more school children than ever before to immerse themselves in the fun of the farm. Over 2,500 school children from 60 schools will visit the show on Friday, entirely free of charge.
- Young Farmers never fail to deliver quirky off the wall events and this year is no exception with a class including Lego construction and a ‘Dress like Adam Henson’ class.
- New Meet the Countryside area where visitors can learn and are able to ask questions of all the acts and experts in the Countryside Village.
- Supermodels of the sheep world will take to the ‘wool walk’ in a Fashion Show as part of the Discover Sheep area. Celebrating the story of wool, an educational trail will be included in this area alongside hands on spinning, felting and knitting displays for visitors.
- Active Avenue including a Mediaeval camp from The Woodvilles that create living history and battle re-enactment in an interactive and fun atmosphere.
The Royal Three Counties Show will take place from Friday 16 June until Sunday 18 June 2017. Tickets are available on the gate priced from £23 for adults and £7 for children (under 16, under 5s go free). Family (2 adults 3 children) and concession tickets are available on the gate also.
For information on ticket prices and further information on the show, please visit www.royalthreecounties.co.uk or call 01684 584900.