Film and Photography
FILM & PHOTOGRAPHY
Three Counties Agricultural Society welcomes media interest in our events and we try to accommodate coverage wherever possible. However, the Society does have a media access policy and this extends to photography. If you wish to take photographs at the Showground for anything other than private personal use, you will need to have permission.
No trading or other commercial activity by any ticket holder will be allowed on the Three Counties’ site without the Society’s prior written consent. This includes photography or photographic services. The Society may charge a fee for any commercial activity (including filming, photography and recording) on the Showground if we approve this.
A person may be denied entry to, or removed from the Showground, if he or she is found in possession of any equipment capable of taking professional photographs, making films, sound recordings or broadcasting (or streaming); or if he or she takes any photograph, makes a film, sound recording or broadcast of anything occurring inside the perimeters of the Showground for commercial gain.
A person may enter the Showground with photographic equipment where it is integrated into electronic communications apparatus designed for personal private use (such as a mobile telephone) and/or a personal stills camera, but the person may still be removed from the Showground if they attempt to use this device for commercial gain.
Other important points to bear in mind are:
- You must have full public and employer’s liability insurance. You must provide us with a copy of your certificate of insurance in advance.
- Clearance will need to be obtained by the artists if you wish to photograph the events.
- Flying or filming with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs, or so-called drones) is not allowed on site before, during or after events – and is prohibited by law. We have a working site and the safety of our audience, crew and staff is paramount.
- Photographs taken at the Showground cannot be included in any sponsored programme or in any form of advertising without specific approval.
- You must respect the privacy of everyone at Three Counties events.
These restrictions also apply to performers’ own photographers or film crews.
We are sorry this is all a bit ‘formal’ but we receive many enquiries to take photographs at the Showground. The bottom line is that if you are a professional photographer, or want to take photographs for commercial gain, you need to get our permission – in advance.
All enquiries about photographic coverage of Three Counties events should be made to our media team – firstname.lastname@example.org