Malvern Autumn Show Presents The Great British Harvest Festival
Malvern Autumn Show 2017, in partnership with Westons Cider Visitors Centre, returns for a weekend of home-grown family fun on 23rd and 24th September.
More than 65,000 people are expected to flock to this year’s show at the Three Counties Showground, Malvern, for this annual celebration of harvest fun and family entertainment.
Diana Walton, Head of Shows at Three Counties, said: “The Malvern Autumn Show is an all inclusive celebration of the season championing gardening, growing and gathering, rural life and our country’s quirky character. It’s a feast of family entertainment featuring everything from world record breaking giant veg to Vintage Village fun, competitive pole climbing to circus skills and the last major RHS Flower Show of the season. We’ve got celebrity Chefs ready to share their top tips on how to make the most of the produce at this time of year alongside horticultural experts advising on readying the garden for the end of the season, there’s something for everyone.”
Headlining the Food and Drink Pavilion is the charismatic Great British Menu host, Andi Oliver alongside everyone’s favourite laid-back Great British Baker, Selasi Gbormittah. He’ll be sharing top tips on how to avoid soggy bottoms and ensure every creation is a showstopper. Show favourite, award winning author and grower, Mark Diacono returns to host the Cookery Theatre and we welcome the Raymond Blanc Cookery School as well as local chefs and food producers.
Topping the horticultural line-up for 2017 is BBC Gardeners’ World stalwart Carol Klein who’ll be sharing her encyclopaedic knowledge with showgoers alongside garden writer and fellow presenter, Alys Fowler. Celebrity florist, Jonathan Moseley will be championing British flowers and floristry with interactive workshops and demonstrations and the last RHS Flower Show of the season features over 40 specialist nurseries.
MALVERN AUTUMN SHOW HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- The Autumn Pavillion will be a hive of inspiration, hosted by Martin Fish, with sessions from world class experts including BBC Gardeners’ World presenters Carol Klein and Alys Fowler.
- The last major RHS Flower Show of the season sees nurseries competing for RHS gold medals and the coveted Best In Show.
- More specialist nurseries than ever before in the Plant Village.
- British cut flower growers are celebrated with renowned floral designer Jonathan Moseley hosting demonstrations in the Autumn Floral Fiesta.
- The CANNA UK National Giant Vegetable Championship feature 29 different classes including two junior classes. 2016 saw four World Records broken.
- The Power of Pollinators is a brand new feature highlighting the vital role that bees, bumblebees and other pollinators play in both our gardens and the wild.
- The Orchard Pavilion has a new Vine section featuring producers from the surrounding three counties, a Festival of Perry and the Apple and Pear Show.
- One of the UK’s largest Harvest Pavilions, hosts 30 National Plant Societies, including the National Vegetable Society staging their National Championships, and the Grow to Show section which boasts over 1,500 entries this year.
- The Food & Drink Pavilion, hosted by Mark Diacono, features celebrity Chef demonstrations as well as local artisan food producers.
- Judith Hann, former Tomorrow’s World presenter and President of the Herb Society, introduces her latest book, Herbs: Delicious Recipes and Growing Tips to Transform Your Food
- Family Green activities including the Junk Ball Run, circus and garden games and Treehouse Tales.
- The World of Animals, sponsored by Bredon School, features animals of all shapes and sizes including rabbits, guinea pigs and poultry as well as the return of the Young Pig of the Year Competition.
- All the fun of the fair can be had at the Old Tyme Fairground, in the Vintage Village, with rides datings from the 1900’s. Take a turn on the Ferris Wheel, Helter Skelter or the Carousel.
The Malvern Autumn Show will take place on Saturday 23 September and Sunday 24 September. Tickets are now on sale.
For information, please visit www.malvernautumn.co.uk or call 01684 584924.